It's hard sticking to a budget, especially around the holidays. Here are some interesting, low cost ways to keep your holiday spending down.
- Start a tradition-Holidays are about traditions. Moneyning has some inexpensive traditions you can start with your kids.
- Get creative-MyDollarPlan offers 5 alternative and creative gift giving ideas.
- Cut spending-Nine easy tricks to cut your spending today via DumbLittleMan.com
- Have fun-Wisebread offers these 14 fun winter staycations.
- Save on Everything-Kiplinger.com offers their best of everything list.
Since the end of the world didn’t happen on Saturday, it’s time to focus on your future. Whether it is creating a budget, paying off your debt or regaining your financial footing, now is the time to get started. So get out your bills, sharpen your pencils and let’s develop a plan.
You got to crawl before you can walk. So start out slowly.
- Find a source of income
- Create a budget
- Build an emergency fund
- Pay off debt
- Fund retirement
- Cut back your expenses. Simple things like getting better pricing on your insurance or bundling your cable and phone can save you money.
- Sell some or all of your future payments from a structured settlement, annuity, life insurance policy, divorce settlement, royalty payments etc for a cash lump sum payment.
- Sell books, clothes, crafts, toys, electronics and other unwanted items on auction sites.
- Avoid incurring more debt and stop needless spending.
- Reuse or repurpose items when possible.
- Don’t give money to others that you don’t have.
Tools to get you started