Happy Veteran's Day and 11/11/11. Thanks to all of those who have served in our Military. Here are some interesting tidbits for the week. Hope you enjoy.
- Google Doodle-Veterans honored with a Google Doodle.
- Veteran's Day Deals-Service members receive these discounts.
- Don't worry-Financial help for everyday money issues.
- Group Gifts-New ways to shop online and save money.
- Help Wanted-Looking for a job? These companies are hiring.
Brrrr. It is a cold day here in Sunny Philadelphia. Check out these "hot" stories in the world of money and personal finance.
- IRS changes may trim your tax bill - Cost-of-living adjustments push tax-bracket limits and exemptions up lower your tax bill.
- Workers score big paydays in North Dakota - 6 figure jobs without experience or an education as long as you can handle harsh winters.
- Enjoy luxuries while on a budget - Now you too can live like the rich and famous without going broke.
- Last minute Halloween Costumes - Great DIY last minute Halloween Costumes.
- Saving money using student discounts - Helping students to save big on everything from computers to necessities.
Someone once said there is no such thing as a free lunch. But there are still ways to get some things for free or at least cheaper.
- Get Free Stuff - From chocolate to flu shots this article from Yahoo Finance tells you how to get free stuff all year round.
- Save Money - 20 Ways to Save Money via CESI Debt Solutions.
- Get discounts on drugs - NAIDW offers its members a free discount drug card. Did we mention NAIDW membership is free too.
- It's easy to be frugal - 25 frugal changes you can make today from Wisebread.
- $1,000 by Christmas - Save or earn $1,000 in time for the holidays.
Although it was a short work week there is no shortage of things happening. Here's our 5 favorite for this week.
- 5 Tax Friendly States for Retirees - For years everyone thought Florida and Texas were the best places to retire. Finally Pennsylvania (and 4 others) gets the respect they deserve.
- Getting Paid to Shut Off your Phone - Some hotels are giving discounts to travelers who turn in their cell phones and unwind.
- Vote to Save a Shelter Dog's Life - Petfinder is trying to win $50k from the Pepsi Refresh Project to retrain shelter dogs and give them new homes. All you have to do is vote.
- Clean the World - Clean the World distributes recycled soap products, along with appropriate educational materials, to impoverished countries worldwide, and to domestic homeless shelters.
- Firm Told to Pay $376,000 on Retiree Investment Losses - Sharyn Silverstein, is entitled to out-of-pocket losses as a result of Fisher Investments liquidating her bond portfolio and investing 100 percent of the proceeds in stocks.